Hello Grim5next artists, supporters, & fans!
It's been 10 days since I announced the Apocalypse for Kiddies project and we already have half a dozen writers to work along with our awesome illustrators! Which means we need THREE MORE!!! If I didn't get back to you, it might mean that I have lost your message somewhere so please leave a comment here to be considered. To recap, this project is an early picture book on the topic of HEROES & VILLAINS, who try to save or end the world in funny ways. Here are the guidelines:
1. Age Group: 4-8 year-olds.
2. Pages per Story: Each story will have 2-3 pages, as 1 big illustration may spread over 2 pages.
3. Wordcount: Max words per story: 120. Max words per page: 40.
4. Image Format & Dimensions: PNG, 1000x750px (or bigger), and only do horizontal if you do one big illustration over 2 pages. Although the preferred alignment is vertical…
5. Deadline: After we’ve found the writers to go with these amazing artists, I’ll personally assign everyone (kind of like matchmaking, lol) and once we start in earnest, you will have SIX WEEKS to finish your stories.
6. Process: ILLUSTRATORS, please keep early sketches and character prototypes for later promotions. For example, if I were to introduce your character in a project on Behance, it would be helpful if I had them separately. With your permission of course!
7. Collaboration: I know it's usually either the writer or the illustrator comes up with the idea for the story and the other fills in the blanks. I'd love to see more collaboration in this challenge. So I'd love to see some brainstorming going on before you start drawing/writing.
Now, I present to you the illustrators who need writers in RED. If one or more strike your fancy, leave a comment below with your preferences, links to your writing, and contact info.
2. Peter Brown (a.k.a. the toonist) does illustration and animation. He says he’s always on the humorous side in his work, so he’ll be as snug as a bug in the Grim5next glove.
5. Cathy Hookey will be working together with Ashley Bohmer.
6. Camilo Bejarano, @ph7labs, will be working together with Ainsley Shay.
1. Murray Somerville’s art is a little bit out there. I like to stare at it and make up worlds.
2. Rimi Rasheed will be working with Miranda Hardy.
6. Ferran Pages illustrates for adults as well. You can see some of his art on DeviantArt.
Let's go for another round of match-making. It's loads of fun. :D